Buy Moon Rocks at Puffland
Nugs of cannabis flower dipped in extracts and rolled in kief. Moon rocks are typically high in THC, averaging more than 50%, and valued foremost for their potency. Moon rocks are also frequently referred to as “cannabis caviar,” although this title is technically reserved for nugs dipped in extracts, without the added layer of kief.
- $54.99 Add to cart
- $24.99 Add to cart
Showing all 4 results
What Are Moon Rocks?
Moon rocks are aptly named products in today’s cannabis marketplace, as their name is an accurate representation of their effects. Thanks to their signature combination of flower, extracts, and kief for a final dusting of THC-laden trichomes, moon rocks tend to give users to a decidedly “lunar” experience.
Moon rocks are often called “cannabis caviar.” The two terms, though frequently interchangeable, did originally designate two distinct products. “Cannabis caviar” may refer to moon rocks, or it may just refer to nugs covered in cannabis oil. In other words, cannabis caviar must be covered in kief to be considered moon rocks. So if you’re looking to buy moon rocks at a dispensary and you hear your budtender talking about “caviar,” it’s always best to double-check and make sure you’re getting kief-covered moon rocks.
Though moon rocks are a relatively new cannabis product, a wealth of variations are already out in the market. Canna-brands continue to engineer their own variations of the moon rocks concept with myriad combinations of cultivars and concentrates.
How to Smoke Moon Rocks?
Smoking moon rocks isn’t necessarily complicated, but it does require some extra care and attention to detail. Here are some key dos and don’ts to keep in mind when smoking moon rock weed.
- Use scissors to break them up in small pieces.
- Use glass — lightly pack a bowl of moon rocks into a pipe or a water piece to ensure you lose as little kief as possible.
- Use hemp wick to light your moon rocks. The consistency and dense layering of moon rocks makes it necessary to hold a flame to your bowl for longer than you would with dry flower. Using hemp wick will save you from potentially tasting all of that butane from a lighter.
- Don’t try to roll it up into a moon rock joint or a moon rock blunt. Moon rocks are simply too sticky to be rollable.
- Don’t throw moon rocks in your grinder. It will completely gunk up your grinder and likely remove most of the moon rock’s kief coating.
- Don’t pack a bowl of moon rock weed too tightly. You’ll waste more kief and the bowl will be very difficult to light.