Cannabis is very versatile and there are so many ways to consume it without smoking or vaping. Cannabis edibles are a perfect representation of it. If you buy weed online in Canada, you will find edibles such as CBD gummies, pot brownies or capsules for example, but did you know that you could also find cannabis tea? Yes! Whether you want a refreshing beverage or want the comfort of a warm cup of tea, cannabis is here for you! It can come in lots of different varieties, depending on the tea leafs and cannabis strains used. There are endless possibilities and if you want to find the best weed tea that will fit your personal preferences, we recommend you to follow the recipe below.
How to make cannabis tea? The recipe.
Typically, there are 3 methods you can use for making weed tea:
- Infusing water with dry cannabis flowers. As easy as making a regular cup of tea, this is also the less intoxicating since THC is not water-soluble.
- Mixing a cannabis-infused fat such as cannabis coconut oil or cannabutter with tea leaves and water to make a latte-type beverage.
- Adding a cannabis tincture to your tea.
Chamomile Cannabis Tea
Let’s get cosy, here is the easiest cannabis edibles‘ recipe to date. All you need are dry cannabis flowers and tea. For the purpose of this recipe, we picked chamomile tea, which, paired with Indica strains would make the perfect tea to drink before going to bed, but any other flavours could be used.
Ingredients for 1 serving:
- 2 teaspoons of cannabis trim (quality can vary depend on your tolerance)
- 2 teaspoons dried chamomile
- Add all dried flowers to a tea infuser and steep in hot water for 5-10 minutes
- Enjoy your drink with either regular or cannabis-infused honey or milk
Cannabis Tea Latte with cannabis-infused coconut oil
This cannabis-infused golden milk latte is an excellent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
Ingredients for 1 serving:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (regular milk can be used too)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 piece of fresh turmeric or ½ teaspoon dried turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of cannabis-infused oil (coconut, cannabutter, tincture)
- 1 tablespoon of cannabis-infused honey
- Whisk milk, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger and honey with 1 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil.
- Reduce heat and add the cannabis coconut oil.
- Simmer until flavours have melded, about 10 minutes.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into mugs and top with a dash of cinnamon
Does weed tea get you high?
Indica, sativa, CBD, THC… The effects you will experience when drinking homemade weed tea will depend on 2 things: The recipe you followed and the cannabis you are using.
Cannabinoids found in cannabis, such as THC or CBD, are not water-soluble. That’s why, if you are simply infusing cannabis flowers like you would infuse green or black tea, you won’t get as much benefits as if you were to use a cannabis-infused fat or a cannabis oil. That being said, you will still benefit from cannabis’ vitamins, amino acids and THCA, which is THC in its raw form, known to reduce inflammation and nausea.
How long does it take to feel the benefits of cannabis edibles like weed tea?
Like any other cannabis edibles, cannabis tea is processed through your digestive system. This means that benefits usually take 30-60 minutes to take effect. However, whether you had alcohol before or if your stomach is empty or not might influence how fast you will experience the 1st effects. Cannabis edibles benefits and effects last longer than smoking. Typically, symptom relief can continue for between 4-8 hours, which makes cannabis edibles especially beneficial for anyone who suffers from chronic pain for example.
Which strains to pick?
It will all depend on the effects you are looking for. Want to feel relaxed? We recommend using tea leaves that are low in caffeine, such as chamomile and pair it with Indica strains. Need more energy? Use Sativa strains with more caffeinated tea flowers. Tea can really bitter depending on the flowers you are using as well as how long they infuse, so we recommend you cannabis strains whose flavours will balance out the tea natural bitterness.
Want to give cannabis tea a try? Check our selection of cannabis-infused beverages as well as cannabis edibles. Puffland carries the best selection of products and brands if you want to buy weed online in Canada: Mota Edibles, Twisted Extracts, Herbivores Edibles, Diamond Concentrates, Shatter Bars, FeelCBD, Active Releaf, Marys Edibles, High Voltage Extracts and much more.